About the Alexander Technique
The Alexander Technique (AT) is a psychophysical education technique.
Through one-on-one or group lessons, you will build conscious awareness of how you are using yourself, and the ability to pause and make different, more optimal choices. You'll learn how to use your own body most efficiently, to avoid wear-and-tear on your joints and muscles. You will gain more awareness of anatomical mapping, a greater sense of ease and lightness in moving, and methods of self-care. You will come to own a process through which change can easily be made.
The AT may benefit you if you:
- Suffer from chronic pain or are recovering from an injury
- Desire better posture
- Dance, sing, act, make music, create art, or teach
- Seek refined technique & stamina
- Want better stage presence or public speaking skills
- Feel dissatisfied with performance in any area of your life.